I brazed the brake and chainstay bridges on Monday. I wanted to keep the height consistent between the front and back brake. I also wanted the fender mounts to be the same distance from the dropout.
I measured things out with a pair of Anvil axles and a bent brazing rod. Once I had the approximate position of the bridge, I found the widths of the deepest cuts with a caliper, added some breathing room, marked them, and went to work with a file. It took some trial and error, but I got things nice and even for the brake bridge. Doing the last tiny bit with some emery cloth and a scrap seat stay really helped.
Here's one of the fender eyelets in inaction. I just drilled a hole in each bridge, cut the eyelet short enough not to get in the way of brake mounting, etc, and brazed it in place.
Next week: sealing the seat stays, touch up with solder, grinding out the tubes in the BB area, thinking about cargo racks.